My Photo
Name:
Location: Bay Area, California, United States

A girl with a sensitive heart, high volume laughing/smiling capability, loves small talk and long conversations. can't imagine living without family, friends and ice cream oh and LipGloss!

Monday, August 29, 2005

Knocking on the Invisible Wall

How did i see it? well i didnt, someone told me about theirs and i realized i had one myself. Well where is it? its around me and the doors to them are our very own words.

You meet an individual and you have a first impression, Good/Bad/No comments. Then you meet them again and your opinion may change about the person, may remain the same or again, have no opinion at all. Though, the more you meet/talk to the person the more you start coming closer and closer, well how close? how close can you be to a person? People say, 'so and so' is my best friend we know everything about eachother. how do they reach that point? do they just base on the number of years you have known eachother or could it have anything to do with the fact that you and the other person just mesh so well together? could be either one.

Many times we are NOT what we appear to be for the ones around us. At work people may think you are so organized yet at home you have clothes and books all over your room. you maybe the sweetest person around your friends but throw crazy tantrums at mom/dad/sis or bro.you may say yes to many No's you smile at many frowns, and you may very well pretend! We all do it knowingly, unknowingly-- but its done!

Invisible walls are built by our very ownself, they are made up of secrets untold, the feelings unspoken, the hate held within, the anger boxed up, the tears hidden, the unshown cruelty, the over-powering ego, self gained selfishness, and a lot more emotions piled on top of eachother. Boy, What a strong wall! It sure is pretty hard for someone to break-through and walk inside. Funny, some people use so many of their love skills and word tools and still can never break through it. yet some dont even try and can enter right through them.

How do you let that person have the password to go/see through your invisible walls? How do you determine with whom u will only discuss fashion vs. serious topics? How do you tell when you're passing through other people's invisible wall? Or is our own wall so invisible that we might run into it ourselves?

7 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

Me firstttttt! Wut a great post!

Keshi.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

First I must commend u for the very deep and excellent post Pallavi!

I always knew I had an invisible wall too...parts of it r seen by different ppl...wut can be seen by u will not be seen by another...depends on which category of influences u belong to in my life. Very well-analysed n neatly written I must say...

**It sure is pretty hard for someone to break-through and walk inside

Yess very hard...not even the closest one to ur heart can see the entire wall...as I said b4 only parts will be seen by different ppl...



**How do you let that person have the password to go/see through your invisible walls?

But do we ourselves see the entire wall? I dun think so. So if we dunno the pwd we cant pass it on. But I think we give the pwd with restricted access...\


**How do you tell when you're passing through other people's invisible wall?

we cant if the other person doesnt allow us to...i dun think anyone is able to see right thru the entire wall...only parts...


Brilliant post Pallavi...got me thinking hard...
Keshi.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

me second......
I read it just now....
It was kinda serious...n at start of ma day...my brain is just warming up..lemme read again to force it to think ;)



No wonder my knee is aching :(

9:30 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

You meet an individual and you have a first impression,
I agree here..
My opinions changed with person as an how much time I spend with him/her. I start with, "kinda not my type" and then slowly things change as I get to know that person better

I carry mutiple personalities with me
at home: mom is pissed off coz I'm a hard core lazy bone...I will not even move a bit from ma fav couch
at work place: I take all responsibilites coz I luv being involved in work
with my friends: I make them roll on the floor with funny comments

Invisible walls are built by our very ownself
to know someone 100%..is sure gonna take a life time...not everyone is an open book..definitely Im not.
I agree that we ourselves built that INVISIBLE wall...but dont you think thts reqd for the existence too? You just cant keep telling everything about ur self to every second person you come across in ur life. No wonder there is a concept of marriage sometime later in every human-beings life.
Why?
I believe to know his partner..and the invisible wall surrounding him/her.

One amazing post Pallvi in ma morning here. Now me trying to search my invisible wall ;)

9:48 PM  
Blogger Pallavi said...

@Keshi,
thank you for the compliment. mutual feelings towards ur writing!

@arjun,
dood,
"but dont you think thts reqd for the existence too? You just cant keep telling everything about ur self to every second person you come across in ur life"

VERY WELL SAID!!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

OK, i can take it
give it to me straight

, Good/Bad/No comments ? ,

11:51 PM  
Blogger Pallavi said...

@PT
hey thas a nice way to put it.. a mask,role or a wall...interesting!!! Very.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home