My Photo
Name:
Location: Bay Area, California, United States

A girl with a sensitive heart, high volume laughing/smiling capability, loves small talk and long conversations. can't imagine living without family, friends and ice cream oh and LipGloss!

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

It hurts...

It kills some of us to see others being hurt. A very very dear friend of mine called me today and shared her "break-up" news with me. For a second my heart just skipped. I didn't know what to say. There was this slight silent moment and before she realized, I said something so "usual", "What happened?" --despite of actually knowing all the answers, I still asked, gave me some time to gather emotions,thoughts and importantly 'myself' together.

Life can be a B!$@#. Sometimes it just comes at you like a bee. Stings you all over and leaves all those red marks for a while. Those stings of emotional breakdowns, tears, loss of self esteem and a whole bag full of other things sure take some time to heal. You need a lot of medicine -- medicine of talks with closed ones, time to discover things about yourself, books, music, reality check and 10 bags full of advice and patience to make your 'hurt-skin' go back to normal... back to being Thick. It makes you ready for more stings, but this time around you are wiser -- you'v learned how to run away from the poisonious bee's of life! RUN!!!! Dont let them win... cuz you know what... you are the Winner..of your own life --- Maybe!

12 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

HA ! i am first on her door step

12:43 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Those stings of emotional breakdowns, tears, , loss of self esteem, and a whole bag full of other things sure take some time to heal.

dis is the dumbest post i have seen in a while

if your self esteem depends on another
u need to see a shrink real bad

12:45 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

you are the Winner..of your own life
It took me hell lotsa time to realise this small fact of life...but I think by that time, I had multiple stings of those poisonous bees all the time.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Pallavi said...

@jim
Dear Jim
I am very sorry that you did not like my post. At the same time, I am touched by your concern for my self esteem
and your kind suggestion that I undergo psychiatric treatment. I shall brood upon your excellent suggestions. In the meantime, I just wanted to mention that your response to my post reflects your extremely limited intellectual and social abilities. Please use them where you can, do not overexert your little gray cells by reading my posts. Cheers darling!!

@Arjun,

Yes i agree with you Arjun. LIkewise.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Break ups ha? hmm its been a while but it feels like yday...the sting is so brandnew even today...not so much the sting itself but the pain and the scar it left...

**Those stings of emotional breakdowns, tears, loss of self esteem and a whole bag full of other things sure take some time to heal...

Nicely put Pallavi. I think some pp will heal anyways n some wont...


I feel for ur friend cos I know wut it is to be there...but if she's a strong gal, she will get thru this. If it was mutual then thats good...but if it was one-sided thats when its gonna take some time to heal. U need to be there for her..make her realise that it will pass somehow. Dun distract her from it, rather talk abt it n let her pour it all out first...


z000nie...
**but I think by that time, I had multiple stings of those poisonous bees all the time..

awww lolllz thats was cuttte...hugggz u! Well know that God has a special rose 'made' for ya n thats why He let u meet those bees first :)

Keshi.

7:03 PM  
Blogger :) said...

patience to make your 'hurt-skin' go back to normal... back to being Thick.
oo ye things take time... but its natures law.. back to normal... but still it hurts always.. whnever u think of it..

you are the Winner..of your own life --- Maybe!
..well said

nice post pallavi.. jeez u guys write real well.. u k000kie z000nie.. kaha se itna grey matter aaya re... after wrking 10-12 hrs hehe me cant write a single mail... gr8888

:)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Pallavi said...

@Keshi,
I so agree with you about being there and talking about it. You absolutely can not ignore it because its like running away from the issue, more like covering the dirt with a piece of paper and thinking like its gone!

@Pari,
what you talking man? You write beautiful! Dont even say something silly like that.

@Arjun,
Hugz at you! :)

9:50 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

**more like covering the dirt with a piece of paper and thinking like its gone

spot on Pallavi!

Keshi.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Awwwww.

Gimme hug you three ladies...
One at a time pls :)

You'll have a nice day ahead...and Pallavi looking forward for a similar put-pressure-on-brain-to-think kinda post...hehe

Damn, earlier it was K000kie-masta alone...now Pallavi too is writing serious stuff...need to carry extra kilos of brain with me from now on

11:29 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

lol z000nie hahaha! Gurl power is all ard ha?

Keshi.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Pallavi said...

@PT,

Welcome!!!
Amazing comment. ...
"True love is mature love and mature love does not take hostages." ...very true.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Pallavi
i just read your counter comment now

u cud have posted on my blogg
u wud have made me a happy old man

i long for the day
when u will grace my blogg

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home