My Photo
Name:
Location: Bay Area, California, United States

A girl with a sensitive heart, high volume laughing/smiling capability, loves small talk and long conversations. can't imagine living without family, friends and ice cream oh and LipGloss!

Sunday, December 11, 2005

4.the other woman.

April continued drinking and Gabi continued serving. The two took full interest in their own activities, only difference was that one enjoyed the activity and the other forced it onto herself. As the night passed, more and more people walked up to the bar and ordered drinks. Gabi still looked as hot and fresh as she did when she came in for work this evening. On the other hand, April's eyes not only still matched the cherries, but their size had decreased, her head was wobbling like a spring doll and while she walked to the restroom, her steps had become baby steps - literally. She was learning how to walk all over again by holding onto whatever and whomever came in her way.

It was almost 2:00 A.M. Fuel bar was slowly going out of energy. Gabi walked over to April.

Gabi: Do you need a cab?
April: He should have told me before. I would have let him go. Why did he wait so long? He has been doing this for the last six months on and off on and off. Why did he lie to me?
Gabi: Husband? Fiancé? Boyfriend?
April: Boyfriend
Gabi: Oh you'll find a new one – she laughed to cheer April up.
April: I really care for him. I want things to work. I made so many efforts to keep him with me. I did everything what he told me to do. I listened to everything he said.
Gabi: you did a little too much, don’t you think?
April: But I thought that'll keep him with me.
Gabi: You can't make him be yours. Open the door.
April: How could he just walk out?
Gabi: locking up always doesn’t work. Try talking to him.
April: No point!
Gabi: Why not? It helps.
April: He keeps things to himself and I hate bugging him. I want things to work between us. I want him to stay with me. I really want to be with him.
Gabi: Dear…April cut Gabi off and continued.
April: We've been together for a while now and we should 'make' things work. Gabi: What exactly happened? If you don’t mind.
April: He wants to be with someone else. He has been seeing her for last 6 months. He says, he's tried telling me several times but I get so emotional that he can’t have a conversation with me.
Gabi: Maybe you need to give him his space and listen to what he has to say with an open mind.
April: (Loudly) NOOOO!!!! I have done so much for him and how can he do this? How can he just be with someone else? He doesn’t even know her.
Gabi: do you know her?
April: No, I don’t, but I know.

Gabi silently looked at April and then at her watch. It was 2:00 a.m. Fuel was officially closed.

Gabi: Hey, do you need to get a cab? Or a ride?
April: No I am ok. I live on west campus.
Gabi: Are you sure?
April: Yea...Thanks.
Gabi: Listen, I am sorry. I hope things work out.

April slowly got up, grabbed her coat, put her scarf back on and wiped away her tears. She continued mumbling something and signed the bill for the drinks. As they were leaving, unexpectedly, April hugged Gabi and said, "I don't know what to do. How can he do this to me? What have I done to him? Why me? Tears kept falling on Gabi's shoulder as April let out so many words, sentences; questions like the continuous waves in the ocean, Gabi simply stood like a rock and let the waves of words hit her. She ran her hand on April’s head and gave her a warm friendly pat on the back.

April stepped away and felt a little awkward and humiliated. She quickly uttered, "I am so embarrassed, so sorry, and thank you so much...I really need to leave, i don’t know what I need to do. I am just not thinking, I need to be alone....Max shouldn’t have done this...he should’ve known better than be with someone…whoever that girl is...some Gabi at some bar..."

April stumbled out of the bar as Gabi just stood there -- Speechless.

10 Comments:

Blogger R said...

ME FIRST!!!!!!!

Finally you updated... aaah.

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying it... Pls don't take sooo long to update this time!

:)

10:36 PM  
Blogger Pallavi said...

lol its done Rohit!!!!! that was the end of it!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Dancing Queen said...

lol @ rohit (sorry)

and good ending. makes me go "hmmmmm" what could be the possible outcome? how about a part two to this story?

10:44 PM  
Blogger becomingme said...

i loved the story. I never would have guessed that Gabi was the other woman. I am conflicted, though, by how kind, considerate, and concerned Gabi was about April. Surely, she can't be all that bad. But, ahhh, such is life. Again, very well written.

cheers.

1:16 AM  
Blogger Ajay said...

hey finally u have come up with a post.... thats gr8... i should b a story teller...

6:33 AM  
Blogger R said...

not done! you have to continue this please!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

hot hottt...plz continue :)

Keshi.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Sidewinder said...

hey... tht was really good with a wonderful ending

And a little suggestion :
I feel tht when penning an conversation u dont need to write everytime who is speakin tht
like
April: xxxx
Gabi: xxxxx
. Ur approach will be correct if there r more than 2 persons in the scene. Even though i dont know anythin abt this , i felt like tellin u!

Hope to see more stories from u

9:16 PM  
Blogger Khushi said...

Hey,
That was a real good read! Never did I think its Gabi!

3:15 AM  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

lolzz
too cool
am saving all ur 4 version in a doc file...
;-)

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home